Capital Call Booking number: 020 7275 2446
On Monday 2nd July 2018 the Capital Call service will transfer to Transport for London. For information on how to make bookings from 2nd July please visit the TfL Capital Call website at www.tfl.gov.uk/taxicard-and-capitalcall
About Capital Call
Capital Call provides subsidised door to door transport for people with mobility difficulties and/or disabilities.
It complements the Taxicard scheme, using minicabs and private hire vehicles in the parts of London where London black taxis are less easy to obtain. The scheme is run and managed by the TCC on behalf of Transport for London.
Already a member? Call our booking hotline on 020 7275 2446. If you would more information, follow the links below.
It operates in and is supported by the London boroughs of Bexley, Ealing, Enfield, Haringey, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Lambeth, Lewisham, Merton and Southwark. Capital Call is available to registered Taxicard users and the criteria are the same for both schemes.
Telephone Capital Call and the operator will book a minicab for you. Not all licensed minicabs work with Capital Call, so to receive the subsidised fares you must book through Capital Call.
You will be given an annual travel budget of £200, to spend how you wish on Capital Call trips booked through the Capital Call call centre (with the exception of servcie users in the London borough of Merton, whose annual budget is £118).
You must pay the first £1.50 of any journey, then your contribution increases as the value of the journey goes up:
- Every trip up to the value of £11.80 you will pay £1.50
- Every trip between £11.81 and £23.60 you will pay £3.00
- Every trip between £23.61 and £35.40 you will pay £4.50
- Every trip between £35.41 and £47.20 you will pay £6.00
- Every trip between £47.21 and £59.00 you will pay £7.50
The subsidy ends at £59 per trip and you will not be able to take a journey longer than this unless you pay the additional amount in advance to Capital Call.
Once your budget is used up, you will have to wait until it is topped up again the following April before making any more trips. Your Capital Call operator will be able to tell you how much you have left to spend at any time.
Transport for London have advised us that Capital Call is now closed to new applications. People who are interested in this kind of individual tranport may wish to consider Dial-a-Ride.
To make a booking, please either complete the online form below or call Capital Call on 020 7275 2446
If booking by phone, you will need to give the operator the following information:
- Your name and Taxicard membership card number
- The address from which you want the minicab to pick you up
- The address you want the minicab to take you to (preferably with Post Code)
- Whether you are a wheelchair user or if you need assistance getting in and out of the minicab
- A contact telephone number if you are not at home
- The operator will confirm all of the details of your booking with you
- Your booked minicab will carry a Capital Call logo sticker in the car window so that you can easily identify them as an approved minicab.