Capital Call Booking number: 020 7275 2446
About Capital Call
Capital Call provides subsidised door to door transport for people with mobility difficulties and/or disabilities.
It complements the Taxicard scheme, using minicabs and private hire vehicles in the parts of London where London black taxis are less easy to obtain. The scheme is run and managed by the TCC on behalf of Transport for London.
Already a member? Call our booking hotline on 020 7275 2446. If you would like to join or need more information, follow the links below.
It operates in and is supported by the London boroughs of Bexley, Ealing, Enfield, Haringey, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Lambeth, Lewisham, Merton and Southwark. Capital Call is available to registered Taxicard users and the criteria are the same for both schemes.
Telephone Capital Call and the operator will book a minicab for you. Not all licensed minicabs work with Capital Call, so to receive the subsidised fares you must book through Capital Call.
You will be given an annual travel budget of £200, to spend how you wish on Capital Call trips booked through the Capital Call call centre (with the exception of servcie users in the London borough of Merton, whose annual budget is £118).
You must pay the first £1.50 of any journey, then your contribution increases as the value of the journey goes up:
- Every trip up to the value of £11.80 you will pay £1.50
- Every trip between £11.81 and £23.60 you will pay £3.00
- Every trip between £23.61 and £35.40 you will pay £4.50
- Every trip between £35.41 and £47.20 you will pay £6.00
- Every trip between £47.21 and £59.00 you will pay £7.50
The subsidy ends at £59 per trip and you will not be able to take a journey longer than this unless you pay the additional amount in advance to Capital Call.
Once your budget is used up, you will have to wait until it is topped up again the following April before making any more trips. Your Capital Call operator will be able to tell you how much you have left to spend at any time.
Non Taxicard members
To use this service you need to be a Taxicard member and then register for Capital Call. An application form for Taxicard can be obtained by telephoning 020 7484 2929.
Taxicard members should complete the Capital Call registration form. You can view, download and print a Capital Call registration form by clicking here. A registration form can also be obtained by calling Capital Call on 020 7275 2446 or by e-mailing email@example.com.
You should then post your completed form with a photocopy of your Taxicard to us:
Transport Co-ordination Centre
C/o HCT Group
Ash Grove Bus Depot
To make a booking, please either complete the online form below or call Capital Call on 020 7275 2446
If booking by phone, you will need to give the operator the following information:
- Your name and Taxicard membership card number
- The address from which you want the minicab to pick you up
- The address you want the minicab to take you to (preferably with Post Code)
- Whether you are a wheelchair user or if you need assistance getting in and out of the minicab
- A contact telephone number if you are not at home
- The operator will confirm all of the details of your booking with you
- Your booked minicab will carry a Capital Call logo sticker in the car window so that you can easily identify them as an approved minicab.